Your privacy is very important to us. Autism Nova Scotia complies with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPOP) and the Privacy Information And Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). Information collected on the registration form used is in the normal course of registration, communication and certification at Autism Nova Scotia in accordance with these legislations.
Information Collection and Use
- Autism Nova Scotia is the sole owner of the personal information collected from this site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others.
Information Collection and Storage of Personal Information
- When you visit this Web site, Autism Nova Scotia may collect information in two ways - through information automatically gathered from your computer or through information you voluntarily provide at this Web site. As to automatically gathered information, Autism Nova Scotia collects navigational information about where visitors go on our Web site, how many visits are made to the site, when the site is visited and other non-personally identifiable information (for example, this can include domain type, browser version, service provider, IP address).
Voluntarily provided information is collected online when you register for our services or purchase our products. Whenever you register for our services or purchase our products, we will collect your name, e-mail address, mailing address, company and phone number, as well as any specific comments or questions that you provide. We also offer general "contact us" features on this Web site, in which you will be asked to provide your name and e-mail address.
We may also collect additional information, such as in connection with events, special offers, contests, or other promotions. We maintain this information in our customer database.
Use of Collected Information
- The navigational information that is automatically gathered when you visit our Web site is used on an aggregate basis to evaluate the effectiveness of our Web site, to analyze trends and to administer the site. This navigational information allows us to determine such things as which areas of our Web site are most visited and difficulties our visitors may experience in accessing our Web site.
Autism Nova Scotia does not associate any navigational information with individual users. You should also be aware that we may disclose specific information about you if necessary to do so by law or based on our good faith belief that it is necessary to conform or comply with the law or is necessary to protect the users of our Web site, the site, or the public. This information is used:
- to deliver the service or product you requested
- to enable billing and shipping
- to provide you with information about related products and services
- to improve our website and better administer our systems.
Autism Nova Scotia may use third parties to help us monitor site activity, and to respond to your requests for specific information.
If personally identifiable information (for example, name, address, email address, telephone number) is provided to any of these third parties, we require that such information be maintained by them in confidence. We will not share this information with any other person, company or organization, except to third parties providing products or services to you pursuant to your agreement with Autism Nova Scotia, and as may be required by law.
Information concerning individuals' usage of our sites will not be disclosed to third parties except in aggregate form such that your information will not be personally identifiable.
External Sites/ Links
- Autism Nova Scotia limits access to the personal information collected at this Web site to employees and service providers with a valid business need for the information. Our employees are advised about the importance we place on privacy, and we hold our employees responsible for upholding our privacy standards.
Questions/Changes in Policy
- You may review and approve the information collected from your registration in our customer database if you wish. Upon request, we will remove any information from our customer database or change/correct personal information that you state is erroneous. However, you should understand that information about you in our database might come from a number of sources, including orders placed by you and third party mailing lists.
- In order to receive our email alerts, users have to complete a registration form. During registration a user is required to give contact information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact the user about the services on our site for which they have expressed interest.
- We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Notification of Changes
- The download facility available to course participants provides case studies, articles and presentations in a format appropriate for printing. Please observe the copyright restrictions and credit the authors as requested.
Amendment of Autism Nova Scotia Practices and this Policy
- This policy is in effect as of September 16, 2014. We will review, and may revise our privacy practices and this policy. Policy changes will apply to the information collected from the date of the revised policy as well as to existing information held by us.